Clinical Pharmacist - Per Diem
at Promise Hospital in San Diego
Promise Hospital of San Diego is seeking a Per Diem Pharmacist with clinical experience to join our team. Under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, the pharmacist provides and maintains pharmacy patient care services. PromiseHospital of San Diego’s (PHSD) mission is to “deliver the highest quality of professional and compassionate care to our patients and families.”
The Clinical pharmacist is a vital part of our collaborative team approach at PHSD. At PHSD the doctors and upper management know you by your first name and praise work together to meet our mission with the clinical pharmacist. Throughout your day, you collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to create a course of recovery for the patient you know one on one.
Our patient-centered philosophy values the following:
- Dedication to our mission, demonstrated by how well we treat patients, families, staff and physicians.
- Recognizing that family and friends are essential team members in supporting and encouraging the patient during treatment and recovery.
- Providing appropriate and efficient care in a timely and effective manner.
- Meeting the needs of our patients and families for a comfortable and safe hospital environment.
- Celebrating our staff as the strength of Promise, empowering them to make on-the-spot decisions for the well-being of patients and their families.
- Becoming part of the fabric of each community we serve, committed to medical excellence as well as a civic sense of duty.
· POSITION OVERVIEW
• Participates in all aspects of hospital pharmacy services: Inpatient Operations, Distribution and Clinical Pharmacy services.
• Ensures that the pharmacy provides optimal clinical services on a daily basis, promoting desirable patient outcomes through safe and cost effective drug therapies.
• Establishes and maintains productive collaborative relationships with practitioners and hospital staff through a team approach using interdisciplinary team patient rounds.
Operations and Distribution:
• Supervises and directs pharmacy support personnel. Verifies the daily activities of the pharmacy technicians
• As part of the interdisciplinary care team, provides quality and cost effective services to patients, employees and medical staff
• Monitors drug therapy of patients for appropriateness of drug and dose, drug interactions, contraindications, and adverse reactions
• Provides pharmacokinetic consults and renal drug dosing adjustments per hospital protocols
• Performs IV-to-PO automatic dosing changes and therapeutic substitutions
• Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners
• Participates in clinical “rounds” with nursing and medical staffs and clinical collaboration meeting
• Participates in drug use evaluations and evaluation of new drugs for formulary addition
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to identify and meet provide pharmaceutical care to the population served, including neonatal, pediatric, adult, geriatric, acute care, obstetric, chemically dependant, and rehabilitation patients.
The Clinical Pharmacist is under the supervision of and reports to the Director of Pharmacy.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Current California Registered Pharmacist license
• Current CPR/BLS and ACLS certification by the American Heart Association (BLS for the Healthcare Provider) or ability to obtain prior to start date
• PharmD from an accredited school of pharmacy plus Hospital clinical pharmacy experience
• Minimum three recent years exp as a Staff Pharmacist in a acute care or LTAC hospital.